Recipe courtesy of Simply Gluten-Free, Carol Kicinski
Serves: 4-6 people
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1 pound gluten-free dried pasta
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Zest (finely grated) and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil and salt liberally. Add the dried pasta and cook according to the package directions. While the pasta is cooking, make the pesto.
- Put the pistachios in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until the nuts are coarsely ground. Add the spinach, basil, parmesan cheese, lemon zest and juice, pepper and 1/4 cup olive oil. Process until smooth. If the pesto is too thick, add a little more olive oil. Taste and add a pinch of salt if desired.
Drain the pasta and return to the hot pot. Add the pesto and toss to coat the pasta.
Serve immediately with optional garnishes.