Tropical Foods snack bags are one of our most popular items that are a perfect fit for many of our industry partners. They are available in a large variety of snack mixes, nuts, and candy. The smaller packaging is perfect for an afternoon snack and easy to throw in your purse or briefcase. Tropical’s current top 10 selling snack bags are:
- Hi Energy™, 12/3.5 oz bags
- Almonds, Whole Raw, 12/3.0 oz bags
- Cashews, Whole Roasted Salted, 12/2.5 oz bags
- Pistachios, Natural 12/2.5 oz bags
- Deluxe Mixed Nuts, Roasted Salted, 12/3 oz bags
- Mixed Nuts w/Peanuts Roasted Salted, 12/3 oz bags
- California Mix™, 12/3.5 oz bags
- Sunburst™, 12/3.5 oz bags
- Chocolate Peanuts, 12/4 oz bags
- Gummy Bears, 12/4 oz bags
- Diet Delight®, 12/3.5 oz bags
- Berry Good™, 12/3 oz bags
- Yogurt Pretzels, 12/2.5 oz bags
Snacking in moderation can be a great way to keep your mind focused, maintain energy levels, and supply your body with needed nutrients throughout the day. When snack cravings occur, a lot of us tend to crave one type of snack over another. But do you know why you might crave certain snacks at certain times? There are many different explanations as to why we hanker these snacks. Let’s take a closer look at why we crave salty and sweet snacks.
Salty snacks like chips, pretzels, and crackers are very common snacks we all reach for from time to time. Many times when we are craving something salty it’s because:
- Our bodies are low on key minerals like calcium, sodium, magnesium, or zinc.
- We are dehydrated.
- We are experiencing a hormonal fluctuation due to changes in stress levels.
- While not very common, excessively craving salty snacks can be due to a sluggish adrenal gland.Choosing a healthier salty snack option can not only help ease your cravings but give your body needed nutrients. At Tropical Foods we have several options that you can offer your customers as a healthier salty snack like our York’s Harvest™ Garden Chips® line, Bartender’s Blend™ snack mix, Five Star Nut Mix®, or The Big Cheese® in our Grabeez® snack cup.
In our new Customer Spotlight feature, we’ll introduce you to some Tropical Foods customers by spotlighting their business, the Tropical products they sell, and sharing some of their merchandising tips. Let’s find out more about The Chocolate Lab of Asheville.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS:
We are a hand dipped chocolate candy shop located in Asheville, NC. Our products vary from truffles, beer and wine truffles to various candies and chocolate covered dried fruits. We started out as a home-based business 6 years ago selling at local farmers markets and at a local outdoor amphitheater as well as other small venues. Last August we opened our first brick and mortar shop and are now expanding by retailing out to small shops and breweries in the area.
WHO ARE YOUR CUSTOMERS?
Our customers are anyone who likes chocolate! We sell to theater attendees, people who
enjoy handcrafted beer, people who are buying gifts for people, people who shop the local
farmers markets and walk-in customers to our shop.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A TROPICAL FOODS CUSTOMER?
WHAT TROPICAL PRODUCTS DOES YOUR BUSINESS SELL?
We sell dried mango, apricots, pineapple and ginger that have been dipped in chocolate. We use coconut flakes for our coconut balls and we use a variety of the flavored syrups in our truffles that we make.
HOW DO YOU MERCHANDISE THE PRODUCTS?
We sell retail and wholesale out of our shop and out in the community at various events.
WHAT ARE SOME SELLING/MARKETING TIPS YOU’VE SEEN SUCCESS WITH?
People really seem to like the bold flavors in our truffles that pop out at them when they bite into them. I attribute this to the syrups that we use for the flavoring of the truffles.
PERSONAL FAVORITE TROPICAL PRODUCT?
I really enjoy the dried pineapple!
Interested in being featured in a future customer spotlight?