Interested in what Tropical products are selling best in your industry? Take a look below at Tropical’s top-selling branded products and learn how you can add them to your mix.
This year’s annual PMA Fresh Summit Show in New Orleans, targeted to leaders in the industry of fresh produce, drew more than 18,500 exhibitors and attendees. With visitors from more than 60 countries and 3,000 buyers attending, Fresh Summit can help anticipate industry change and identify emerging trends and business opportunities.
The show’s “Say Hello To The Future @ Fresh Summit” theme reflects the attempt to lead the industry into the future through fresh produce trends and challenges. PMA President Bryan Silbermann encouraged attendees to get on board with the changes occurring in and around the produce industry. More than ever, the consumer is calling the shots and demanding more from their suppliers and retailers. “It’s up to our industry to create and develop ways to engage consumers,” Silberman stated.
Some key insights from this year’s show, supporting PMA’s goals, included:
Read the rest of this entry »
For some, the love of chocolate grows with every heartbeat. It’s the deliciousness and the melting away quality of chocolate that makes it so desirous. For any chocolate lover, heaven lies in the perfectly delicious hot chocolate lava cake that has melted chocolate oozing out of it once you dig into it with a spoon. The excitement and the joy in that choco-licious moment can never ever be underestimated!
The thought of melted chocolate oozing out of the chocolate center like a baby volcano is a sight to behold. You can get this delicious piece of rich and gooey cake in many restaurants, but you can also make a portion of this divine deliciousness at home.
Preparation Time: 25-30 Minutes
3 ½ tbsp sugars
3 ½ tbsp flour
2 eggs (large)
1 egg yolk (large)
½ a block of butter (4-5 tbsp)
2 tsp coco powder
1 standard size chocolate bar
Icing sugar as needed
A pinch of salt
- Melt the butter over a double boiler. As the butter melts a bit, break the chocolate and melt it along with the butter. Mix the butter and chocolate to blend them and make chocolate syrup.
- Whisk the sugar and eggs for 3 minutes in a bowl to make a light yellow mixture. Make sure the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the chocolate syrup in the mixture and beat well until combined.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and salt in the mixture and fold to make it smooth.
- Take 4 ramekins, grease them well with butter, and add the smooth mixture. Check to clear any air bubbles. Let the mixture set in the refrigerator for 25-30 minutes.
- Now preheat oven to medium-high (varies from oven to oven).
- Fill a baking dish with a bit of water. Place the ramekins in the dish and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the centre is moist and the sides are soft.
- Dust with sifted icing sugar.
- Serve as is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This mouthwatering recipe is a must try! Bake this at home on a special occasion such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, or on any day that you crave for this little piece of heaven! If you aren’t in the mood to bake for a large audience, you can always get in touch with caterers who have a wide variety of delicacies to offer and even deliver right at your doorstep.
Steward Hudson is a researcher/blogger with experience writing for multiple industries including health, energy, finance, food and more. Find wide ranges of chocolates at http://www.tropicalfoods.com/products/categories/, visit http://postexchangecatering.com for corporate catering services in Atlanta.
A childhood favorite gets a grown-up shot of flavor
A dynamic and delicious mix of savory and sweet.