Macadamias only represent 1.5% of the tree nut market, held back by limited supplies and high prices.
Australia, South Africa, Guatemala & Hawaii
Wide range of months depending on the hemisphere.
Increasing. Prices remain at historic highs with no end in sight.
Specifics on 2018 Macadamia Crop:
- The global crop is expected to increase by just over 10% in 2018.
- This growth will escalate in the coming years as recent new plantings come into bearing. Global production is expected to increase by 50% in the next 5 years.
- Global demand for macadamia kernel has been steady compared to last year. Demand has increased 112% in the past 10 years.
- Supply remains tight from all origins.
- Macadamias are seeing increased demand due to consumers expanding their usage (butter, milk, cosmetics, etc).
Read More about 2018 Commodity Market Reports for: