Primarily China and the U.S. (along with Iran, Turkey & Mexico)
The 2018 walnut crop is expected to reach 691,000 tons.
Specifics on 2018 Walnut Crop:
- All indications are good for new crop walnuts despite high temperatures and not much rainfall in California.
- This year’s crop is coming from a larger acreage base compared to last year.
- The carry out will likely be less than 50,000 tons.
- Naturally occurring lower prices should lessen the impact of the trade war.
- Global walnut production will be up again this year.
- Expecting huge crop this year, 10% over last year.
- New crop should be of excellent quality.
Read More about 2018 Commodity Market Reports for: