October is National Women’s Small Business Month! To celebrate women-owned businesses, here are some of our favorite reasons to support female entrepreneurs everywhere!
- The money usually stays in the community. When you spend your money at a big box store, those profits generally go to corporate investors and/or executives. When you shop at a small, woman owned business, you help put cash back into the community you live. Studies show that women reinvest up to 90% of their income in their families and communities, versus 40% for men.
- Often, you get to know the owners. That personal connection means a lot, especially in times like these. Also, when you need something special, knowing the owner can help. *wink*
- Its easier to find unique items. Handmade jewelry and accessories, small batch food items, locally-sourced home décor, knowledge of local regulations…these are much easier to find at your local small business!
- Support equity and equality. By spending your money at a woman-owned business, you are investing in women’s economic empowerment, gender equality in business, and the overall growth of the community.
- You will often receive top-notch customer service. The owners of smaller businesses have a vested interest in making sure their customers return. This often translates into a better overall experience for you, the customer!