Burgers with…dried fruit? YES!
Summer time means grilling; grilling with your co-workers, grilling with your family, or even going to your favorite local restaurant for a good burger! However, sometimes the everyday burger recipe can grow dull over time…So why not try to revamp the normal burger recipe and include an ingredient a bit out of the ordinary…like DRIED FRUIT! Here are a few ideas that can be a great jumping off point to start experimenting:
- Dried Cherry Turkey Burgers: http://www.perchancetocook.com/2014/03/19/dried-cherry-turkey-burgers-paleo/
- Turkey Burgers with Brie, Cranberries, and Fresh Rosemary: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/turkey-burgers-with-brie-cranberries-and-fresh-rosemary/
- Blueberry-Beef Burgers (Note the recipe says to use frozen blueberries, but using blueberries you get an added texture and burst of blueberry flavor when you grill the burgers): http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/blueberry_beef_burgers.html
- Apricot Turkey Burgers: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/apricot-turkey-burgers
- Coconut and Lime Beef Burgers: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/crunchy-coconut-and-lime-burgers/
- Quinoa & Goji Berry Beef Burgers: http://littleandloved.blogspot.gr/2014/01/quinoa-goji-beef-burgers-recipe.html
Experiment this summer with traditional burgers, dried fruit incorporated in burgers, topping them in a salsa or chutney or even a side dish to compliment the burger …. however they are mixed in get all dried fruits needed from Tropical Foods & have fun grilling this summer!