This recent article from AdAge made it clear that strong flavors once considered exotic are becoming mainstream. Multicultural tastes have accounted for the trend, with customers wanting bolder, stronger flavors. Their five flavor trends include:
- Sriracha – The popular hot sauce inspired by Asian flavors and named after a city in Thailand.
- Radler – An easy-drinking combination of beer and lemonade.
- Japanese 7 Spice – Formally called shichimi togarashi, a seven-ingredient spice (hence the name).
- Umami – The so-called fifth taste and a Japanese word that roughly translates to savory.
- Jalapeño – This pepper has been a popular U.S. flavor for a while, but is getting even hotter.
Looking for some bold flavors for your next snack? Choose from some of Tropical’s wasabi-flavored snack mixes including Ah Soy® or Wild About Wasabi® .