When that midday slump rolls around, most fall prey to that bag of salty chips or candy bar that is filled with sugar to get through the rest of the day. However, with these unhealthy snacking options come consequences like over eating, or a sugar crash from that chocolate bar. Nevertheless, snacking isn’t something to be feared, it is OKAY to snack when healthy choices are available instead of junk foods like chips, cookies or candy bars.
Here are a few snacking substitutes, from Tropical Foods, you can offer your customers to not only satisfy their snack cravings, but promote healthy snacking practices.
- Snack on This: Pumpkin Seeds Not This: Snack Cake
- Pumpkin Seeds provide the recommended daily levels of zinc, which is vital for increasing brainpower by enhancing memory and focus. Pumpkin seeds are packed with nutrients your brain will love such as proteins, amino acids, minerals, fibers, vitamins and complex carbohydrates.
- Snack on This: Walnuts Not This: Salty Flavored Chips
- Walnuts improve inferential reasoning skills due to their neuro-protective compounds like omega-3 fatty acid, polyphenols and antioxidants, this will help with mental awareness and productivity.
- Snack on This: Goji Berries Not This: Fruit Gummy Snacks
- Goji Berries are an extremely dense and nutritious food – a great source of essential fatty acids, free-radical fighting antioxidants, trace minerals, B vitamins, and eighteen amino acids.
- Snack on This: Almonds Not This: Popcorn
- Almonds contain essential fatty acids that are needed for reducing inflammation in joints, which can help prevent back aches from long time spent at an office desk or other stiff joints from repetitive tasks in the work place also.
- Snack on This: Dark Chocolate Not This: Another Cup of Coffee
- Dark chocolate contains magnesium, which helps you release endorphin and serotonin, and will allow you to de-stress – this then heightens your mood. In small doses it can boost focus, and with the small amount of caffeine it has in it, it boosts alertness temporarily.
- Snack on This: Blueberries Not This: Sports Drinks
- Blueberries are filled with antioxidants, which help to promote neural functionality, which helps your customers feel more alert and awake.
- Snack on This: Dates Not This: Candy Bar
- When sugar is the only thing that will satisfy your customers snacking desire, dates have a naturally high abundance of sugar. However, the sugar in dates is actually extremely different then processed sugar that can be found in soda or candy. Since dates are filled with such high amounts of fiber as wells as sugar, the energy produced from the sugar is effective and long-lasting.
- Snack on This: Sunflower Seeds Not This: Chips and Dip
- Sunflower Seeds are packed with protein, and offer a great crunch with every handful. Also the phytochemicals found in sunflower seeds have been found to promote cognitive functions and lower bad cholesterol.
- Snack on This: Dried Figs Not This: Sugar Filled Soda
- Dried figs are a great blood purifier and help dissolve mucus and toxins already present in the body. However, since figs have such a high amount of sugar present, portion control when eating them is a MUST.
With healthy snacking practices, energy levels increase, mental functionality and productivity increase, resulting in an overall positive physical and mental feeling for your customers. So make sure that you provide them with a wide variety of healthy snack options from Tropical Foods for them to reach for when they hit their dreaded midday slump!