The travel & leisure industry is constantly evolving, especially with the current emerging millennial market and their increased travel schedules. At the Hotel Experience trade show a few month ago, there was a session called “Outside the Box: F&B Trends in Lifestyle Hotels” that discussed the new rules in the changing landscape for this industry. Some of the most interesting new rules included:
- Hotels are moving away from being restaurant-centric to bar-centric – places where guests can network and enjoy creative cocktails and craft beers.
- Hotels are becoming early adopters for food and beverage trends, although they have to be careful because it’s harder to change the culture of a hotel brand than that of a restaurant.
- Guests are mobile, hitting the grab-and-go to get food for the room or for the plane ride.
- Hotel dining is all about snacking, grazing, and sampling – social dining that caters to specific diets.
You can read more about the session HERE.
Tropical Foods is a partner for travel and leisure, providing custom snack mixes, bulk nuts, and candy. These are the top 10 products Tropical provides for their customers in this industry:
- Perfectly Fit – bulk
- Peanuts, In-Shell – 8 oz. bags
- Sweet Heat – bulk
- M&M’s, Plain – bulk
- Almonds, Blanched Sliced – bulk
- Snickers candy bars
- Mixed Nuts Deluxe, roasted/salted – bulk
- Happy Hour Mix – bulk
- Pecan Halves – bulk
- Jelly Belly Assorted – bulk