Salary: $55,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
For more than 40 years the Tropical Nut and Fruit Company has successfully achieved a consistent growth record as a result of offering a wide range of innovative snack food items. We are uniquely positioned with our premium product quality and superior customer service. We invite you to consider joining our successful team and be part of our family. Check us out!
The Safety Manager plans, coordinates, and manages all safety functions and promotes safety related activities in a professional and highly organized manner to ensure all policies and procedures meet or exceed OSHA guidelines and regulations, resulting in protecting our employees from injury and/or illness.
Essential Job Duties
- Establish, maintain and implement safety policies and procedures to promote a healthy, safe work environment in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Advise Chief Operating Officer and Director of Human Resources on safety compliance concerns and preventive actions.
- Plan, implement and conduct training for employees in work site safety practices.
- Maintain safety files are records.
- Comply with and prepare all required government reports and inquiries.
- Monitor and track the Safety Metrics and communicate to the Chief Operating Officer and Director of Human Resources.
- Implement, monitor and document all safety audits.
- Work with Supervisors and Managers to identifying addressing and eliminating all safety related concerns and hazards.
- Perform safety surveys and inspections, prepare written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Conduct and/or supersede post-accident investigations and prepare report identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel.
- Assist in the development, evaluation and upgrading of safety programs.
- Facilitate the Safety Committee.
- In keeping with our value of Customer Satisfaction, this position is expected to provide high-quality customer service to our internal and external customers, vendors, and others alike.
- Adhere to company Policy and Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the company.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude.
- Exceptional risk assessment skills (regulatory requirements, safety and quality risks).
- Ability to work independently.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor about department issues.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize.
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform duties of position.
- Meet department productivity standards.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
- This job will have periodic access to confidential data including financial statements, company records and/or minutes, and company plans, designs, and/or programs.
- This job develops, plans, and implements new procedures and methods to achieve company goals.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to read and understand English.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have an adequate knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in environmental safety or related field from a four-year college or university; and at least five years related experience in safety and/or risk management fields; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least five years’ professional safety experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have strong knowledge of OSHA standards and regulations, as well as work place safety laws and guidelines.
- OSHA certified highly desired.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Work is performed in a comfortable office environment and disruptions occur frequently.
- The noise level in the warehouse/work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may be required to travel up to 35% of the time.
Join our family and enjoy the following benefits after 90 days:
- Affordable healthcare (medical/dental/vision)
- Opportunity to participate in the Health Savings Account (HSA), Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term Disability Insurance paid by the company
- Basic life Insurance equals to your annual salary paid by the company
- Employee Assistance Program – paid by the company
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- The opportunity to purchase additional voluntary insurance coverage for:
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Whole Life
- Hospital Indemnity
- Prepaid Legal
- 401-k Plan (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- 8 Paid Holidays per year
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties