For more than 40 years the Tropical Nut and Fruit Company has successfully achieved a consistent growth record as a result of offering a wide range of innovative snack food items to our foodservice customers. We are uniquely positioned and our premium product quality and superior customer service has enabled us to earn long term supply agreements with all of the major contract management companies and with most hotel chains in the USA. We are now looking to expand our Business Development team by seeking a dynamic person with at least 3 years of experience in selling to major corporate foodservice accounts and to wholesale distributors. In addition to managing all aspects of their corporate accounts this individual will also play a key role toward pursuing and developing new business within new foodservice channels.
The Corporate Accounts Manager is responsible for developing new opportunities to increase sales and profitability within each of our key corporate strategic accounts. Maintaining and building relationships. Negotiates and implements programs with existing and new accounts for the purpose and goal of enhancing our company revenue growth and profitability.
Essential Job Duties
- Identify, approach and develop new key corporate strategic accounts
- Manage and develop existing key strategic accounts. Develop strategies for mutually strengthening partnerships and business relationships
- Foster strong long-term key strategic account relationships at all of each accounts management levels
- Coordinate business meetings and presentations with and/or on behalf of our OC’s
- Communicate with our key strategic corporate accounts on a regular basis and respond to specific queries
- Suggest solutions and innovative ideas to meet key strategic accounts needs
- Handle complaints and problems in a timely and effective manner
- Act as the liaison between key corporate customers and our internal departments
- Utilize dynamics & BI to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual business analysis and develop & present to key corporate accounts as are required
- Provide usage forecasts to our purchasing and operations departments
- Collaborate with internal departments, such as marketing, supply chain, operations, and external partners and allies in the development and implementation of strategies, plans, and business models.
- Reviews pricing and margins for each contract and identifies issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Provides input to the management team on new product or service features to be developed to meet current and future customer needs.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
- This job will have periodic access to confidential data including financial statements, customer quotes, product costs, and company plans, designs, and/or programs.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job follows standard practices and procedures, and is expected to accomplish work assignments with a limited amount of supervision.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Communication Skills: excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building strong client relationships
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Strong analytical skills relating to customer sales and financial results. Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite: Excel; PowerPoint; Access; Word, CRM, etc.
Education and Experience
- Proven work experience as a strategic or key account manager at corporate level. Ideally have solid experience in B2B environment within the foodservice industry. Specific experience and success at key accounts within the hotel & resorts; healthcare; higher education; and or B&I channels will be a major benefit to this position
- Hands on experience with account management systems and understanding of sales performance metrics
- Strong negotiation skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and five to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Work is performed in a comfortable office environment and disruptions occur infrequently.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The noise level in the warehouse environment is usually high.
- The employee may be required to travel up to 35-40% of the time with some overnight stay. Required to travel by car and/or by plane.
Join our family and enjoy the following benefits after 90 days:
- Affordable healthcare (medical/dental/vision)
- Opportunity to participate in the Health Savings Account (HSA), Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term Disability Insurance paid by the company
- Basic life Insurance equals to your annual salary paid by the company
- Employee Assistance Program – paid by the company
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- The opportunity to purchase additional voluntary insurance coverage for:
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Whole Life
- Hospital Indemnity
- Prepaid Legal
- 401-k Plan (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- 8 Paid Holidays per year
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.