Upper Marlboro, MD
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour
The Inside Sales Associate supports the Territory Managers within a designated territory (when applicable), sells products and services to businesses or individuals over the telephone.
Essential Job Duties
- Processes EDI sales order functions including purchase order acknowledgements, entry, and invoicing.
- Communicates initial customer backorder details, including quantities, deadlines, and logistics, to purchasing and operations function leads and provides follow-up on these communications.
- Manages sales backorders and order status based on ready fill rates.
- Coordinates order delivery schedules with customers and carriers, and schedules delivery appointments where applicable.
- Coordinates the day-to-day business communications with broker support personnel in the grocery department only.
- Develops and maintains customer order guides as needed.
- Makes outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers in assigned territory by telephone and e-mail to qualify leads and sell products and services.
- Handles inbound sales lead calls to convert calls into sales.
- Overcomes technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Provides product information to qualified customers on request.
- Emphasizes salable features, quotes prices and credit terms, and prepares sales orders for orders obtained.
- Tracks stock levels.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of company’s production and delivery schedules.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships.
- Prepares reports of business transactions.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Works with outside territory managers to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with deliveries.
- Distributes invoices and follows-up on delinquent accounts.
- In keeping with our value of Customer Satisfaction, this position is expected to provide high-quality customer service to our internal and external customers, vendors, and others alike.
- Adheres to company Policy and Procedures.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor and about department issues.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize.
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform duties of position.
- Meets department productivity standards.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
- This job will have periodic access to confidential data including customer quotes, and product costs.
- This job follows standard practices and procedures, and is expected to accomplish work assignments with a limited amount of supervision.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Language Ability:Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to read and understand English.
- Math Ability:Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability:Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills:To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Work is performed in in the field and disruptions occur frequently.
- The noise level in the work environment may vary.
Join our family and enjoy the following benefits after 90 days:
- Affordable healthcare (medical/dental/vision)
- Opportunity to participate in the Health Savings Account (HSA), Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term Disability Insurance paid by the company
- Basic life Insurance equals to your annual salary paid by the company
- Employee Assistance Program – paid by the company
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- The opportunity to purchase additional voluntary insurance coverage for:
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Whole Life
- Hospital Indemnity
- Prepaid Legal
- 401-k Plan (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- 8 Paid Holidays per year
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour plus Quarterly Bonus and Spiffs