Salary: $12.50 /hour
The Receiver verifies and keeps records on incoming shipments and stock products in company warehouse
Hours are: MTW – 7:30am – 4:00pm TH 6:00am – 4:00pm
Essential Job Duties
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming shipments to verify information against records.
- Records items received in company computer system.
- Labels items for storage.
- Stocks incoming product in proper location.
- Inserts items into containers.
- Routes items to departments as needed.
- Operates tier lift truck, forklift, or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from receiving dock to storage or work area.
- In keeping with our value of Customer Satisfaction, this position is expected to provide high-quality customer service to our internal and external customers, vendors, and others alike.
- Adheres to company Policy and Procedures.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor and about department issues.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize.
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform duties of position.
- Meets department productivity standards.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
- This job follows standard practices and procedures, and is expected to accomplish work assignments with a limited amount of supervision.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization. Ability to read and understand English.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Able to use basic computer programs
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Tools, Equipment, and Machinery
- Must have ability to operate pallet jack, forklift or similar machinery, tools, and equipment, as needed, in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work is performed in a shipping environment and disruptions occur frequently.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Join our family and enjoy the following benefits after 90 days:
- Affordable healthcare (medical/dental/vision)
- Opportunity to participate in the Health Savings Account (HSA), Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term Disability Insurance paid by the company
- Basic life Insurance equals to your annual salary paid by the company
- Employee Assistance Program – paid by the company
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- The opportunity to purchase additional voluntary insurance coverage for:
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Whole Life
- Hospital Indemnity
- Prepaid Legal
- 401-k Plan (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- 8 Paid Holidays per year
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.