Salary: $40,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
The Buyer/Inventory Coordinator maintains proper stock levels of product by purchasing items for resale, coordinates OC inventory levels via inter-site transfers, inventory level analysis, and communication with various functions at the OC level.
Essential Job Duties
- Inspects and grades or appraises items offered for sale to determine value and yield.
- Selects and orders items from showings by manufacturing representatives, brokers, or other sellers, basing selection on nature of clientele, or demand for specific item.
- Tracks purchases and contacts carriers to arrange transportation of purchases.
- Verifies quantity and quality of stock received from manufacturer.
- Verifies and approves price changes, and works with accounting to issue payments and credits.
- Authorizes payment of invoices or return of merchandise.
- Answers inquiries by phone or email regarding needs of customers or sales staff.
- Inspects exchanged or refunded merchandise.
- Prices items for resale.
- Creates transfer orders from Charlotte to be shipped to each operating center (OC).
- Analyze item usage at the OC’s to determine appropriate stock levels.
- Communicate with Purchasing and Manufacturing in Charlotte as well as sales and operations personnel at OC’s to assess individual customer and OC inventory needs.
- Manage available Charlotte inventory to ensure that all OC’s have appropriate stock levels based on when the transfers ship and future Charlotte availability.
- Identify slow moving and overstocked items to determine action items to ensure least amount of out of date product.
- Coordinate shipments of overstocked and slow moving items to facilities where they will be best served.
- Closes open PO’s accordingly once they have been received by OC.
- Works with accounting for payments and credits on invoices.
- In keeping with our value of Customer Satisfaction, this position is expected to provide high-quality customer service to our internal and external customers, vendors, and others alike.
- Adheres to company Policy and Procedures.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor and about department issues.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize.
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform duties of position.
- Meets department productivity standards.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
- This job will have periodic access to confidential data including customer quotes, product costs, and company plans, designs, and programs.
- This job follows standard practices and procedures, and is expected to accomplish work assignments with a limited amount of supervision.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to read and understand English.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, margins, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Dynamics.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Work is performed in a comfortable office environment and disruptions occur infrequently.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The noise level in the warehouse environment is usually loud.
Join our family and enjoy the following benefits after 90 days:
- Affordable healthcare (medical/dental/vision)
- Opportunity to participate in the Health Savings Account (HSA), Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term Disability Insurance paid by the company
- Basic life Insurance equals to your annual salary paid by the company
- Employee Assistance Program – paid by the company
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- The opportunity to purchase additional voluntary insurance coverage for:
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Whole Life
- Hospital Indemnity
- Prepaid Legal
- 401-k Plan (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- 8 Paid Holidays per year
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.