Salary: $14.50 /hour
The Delivery Truck Driver drives a truck over established route to transport and deliver products and collect signed invoices.
Essential Job Duties
- Drives truck to deliver items to customer’s place of business.
- Writes customer order and instructions.
- Records sales or deliveries information on daily sales or delivery record.
- Collects monies from ‘cash on delivery’ customers.
- Obtains and submits all receipts including, but not limited to gas receipts.
- Informs regular customers of new products or services.
- Listens to and resolves service complaints.
- Places stock on shelves or racks.
- Collects or picks up empty containers or rejected or unsold merchandise.
- Loads truck.
- Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or delivery.
- Maintain the inside of the truck clean and organize.
- Performs routine maintenance on truck.
- In keeping with our value of Customer Satisfaction, this position is expected to provide high-quality customer service to our internal and external customers, vendors, and others alike.
- Adheres to company Policy and Procedures.
- Acts as a role model within and outside the company.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor and about department issues.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize.
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform duties of position.
- Meets department productivity standards.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
- This job will have periodic access to confidential data including customer quotes and product costs.
- This job follows standard practices and procedures, and is expected to accomplish work assignments with a limited amount of supervision.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization. Ability to read and understand English.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: Able to use a computer/tablet
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current and valid driver’s license is required.
- Able to pass a DOT Physical a plus.
- Satisfactory driving record is required.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Work is performed in a shipping environment and disruptions occur frequently.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- The employee may be required to travel up to 95% of the time.
Join our family and enjoy the following benefits after 90 days:
- Affordable healthcare (medical/dental/vision)
- Opportunity to participate in the Health Savings Account (HSA), Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term Disability Insurance paid by the company
- Basic life Insurance equals to your annual salary paid by the company
- Employee Assistance Program – paid by the company
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- The opportunity to purchase additional voluntary insurance coverage for:
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Whole Life
- Hospital Indemnity
- Prepaid Legal
- 401-k Plan (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- 8 Paid Holidays
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.