New Orleans, LA
Salary: $55,000.00 /year
The Territory Manager sells company products and services to businesses or individuals by developing strong relationships through sales calls and visits.
Essential Job Duties
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from trade shows, the Internet, and other sources.
- Order entry and coordinator with inside sales associates.
- Support and work with billing and accounts receivable.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of company’s production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Coordinates customer training.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
- In keeping with our value of Customer Satisfaction, this position is expected to provide high-quality customer service to our internal and external customers, vendors, and others alike.
- Adheres to company Policy and Procedures.
- Acts as a role model within and outside the company.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor and about department issues.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize.
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform duties of position.
- Meets department productivity standards.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
- This job will have periodic access to confidential data including financial statements, company records, customer quotes, and product costs.
- This job follows standard practices and procedures, and is expected to accomplish work assignments with a limited amount of supervision.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to read and understand English.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and four to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Work is performed in a comfortable office environment and disruptions occur infrequently.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may be required to travel up to 35-40% of the time with some overnight stay.
Join our family and enjoy the following benefits after 90 days:
- Affordable healthcare (medical/dental/vision)
- Opportunity to participate in the Health Savings Account (HSA), Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Short Term Disability Insurance paid by the company
- Basic life Insurance equals to your annual salary paid by the company
- Employee Assistance Program – paid by the company
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- The opportunity to purchase additional voluntary insurance coverage for:
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Whole Life
- Hospital Indemnity
- Prepaid Legal
- 401-k Plan (eligible after 6 months of employment)
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- 8 Paid Holidays per year
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties